If you are thinking about getting a PRP or stem cell treatment, there are bound to be a few questions brewing in your head. The professionals at Innovative Pain Solutions are here to help. Our team of experts wants to make sure you have all the answers you are seeking when it comes to regenerative stem cell therapy. You can count on us when it comes to stem cell therapy Orlando residents.
Common FAQs of Stem Cell Therapy
- What is stem cell therapy?
- When referring to the field of stem cell therapy, the more proper term is orthobiologics. This refers to the spectrum of treatments using concentrated cells, including stem cells from your own body or tissues from other biologic sources to restore lost, damaged, or aging cells and effectively regenerate tissue in the body. These cells allow the body to heal without the use of drugs, and in some cases, may reduce or eliminate the need for surgery altogether. Most patients will see signs of improvement anywhere from 4-8 weeks following the treatment protocol, though complete improvement can take up to 6 months. Benefits for patients include less pain and the ability to do more.
- How are stem cells obtained?
- One of the richest sources of stem cells in bone marrow, and the hip (pelvis) is one of the best and most convenient locations for obtaining bone marrow. During the harvesting procedure, the doctor removes (or aspirates) your cells from the pelvis. A trained nurse or technician then uses specifically designed equipment to concentrate the stem cells in the bone marrow and provides the cells back to the surgeon for implantation at the site of injury.
- What is platelet-rich plasma (PRP) therapy?
- You may have heard stories of professional baseball and basketball players flying around the globe to receive PRP therapy so they can get back in the game faster. That technology is now offered here at Orlando Orthopaedic Center, and you don’t have to be a professional athlete to experience the benefits. Weekend warriors, recreational athletes, and patients of all ages credit PRP therapy for enabling them to get back to what they love with less pain and increased function. Platelet-rich plasma is blood plasma that has been enriched with platelets.
- How is PRP obtained?
- To develop a PRP preparation, blood must first be drawn from a patient. The platelets are separated from other blood cells, and their concentration is increased during a process called centrifugation. The increased concentration of platelets is then injected back into the region of the body being treated to promote faster healing.
- Is PRP the same thing as stem cell therapy?
- No, PRP is the injection or addition of blood platelets to enhance or jump-start the healing of soft tissue. Stem Cell therapy is the process of using stem cells to create new cells and to promote the healing of lost or damaged cells. They are different treatments available under the umbrella of regenerative medicine.
- How long does the regenerative medicine procedure take?
- The procedure can be completed in one office visit depending on the area being treated. Your physician will be able to provide specific details regarding your treatment plan.
Get Regenerative Stem Cell Therapy With Us!
Regenerative medicine is more than just a simple way to avoid surgery. It is a legitimate pain solution that can save you hours upon hours of downtime as well as a great deal of additional cost that can be entailed when you have to take time off work simply to recover your surgery.
If you are suffering from pain, Innovative Pain Solutions is the pain management Dr. Phillips locals trust to help them recover from their pain. Schedule an appointment with us and see the difference in your body’s ability to heal. Contact us at Innovative Pain Solutions to learn more or visit our website to see our services.
Call For Stem Cell Therapy Orlando
Are you looking for a medical team who can provide all the information you need for regenerative stem cell therapy? We genuinely want to make sure you are in good hands when it comes to getting rid of your pain. Trust our PRP Orlando pain clinic to get you feeling better in no time! Innovative Pain Solutions are pain management doctors who know what they are doing. We strive to provide service with excellence. Call or visit us to schedule an appointment today for the platelet-rich plasma. We specialize in stem cell therapy Orlando.