For those suffering from spinal stenosis, pain is not a stranger. Unfortunately, when it comes to this condition, those who suffer do not have many options. The pain is real, and as it progresses, it only intensifies. However, Innovative Pain Solutions has an answer. We are professionals who are dedicated to stem cell therapy Orlando. We are also here to provide information when it comes to this condition.
It’s All In The Spine
Stenosis of the spine occurs when the spine is narrowed in one or more areas. This puts pressure on the spinal cord and nerves to cause pain. The impact of the disease varies from person to person. Medications, braces, or surgery may treat this. Your doctor may also recommend that you limit your activity and exercise. However, it is essential you talk to your doctor before starting an exercise program.
The pain can occur in multiple areas. It can be narrowed down to the following:
- The space at the center of the spine.
- The canals where nerves branch out from the spine.
- The space between the bones of the spine.
This is common in men and women over 50 years old. Younger people who were born with a narrow spinal canal or who hurt their spines may also get this condition. They may experience the following:
- Pain in the neck or back.
- Numbness, weakness, cramping, or pain in the arms or legs.
- Pain going down the leg.
- Foot problems.
- A severe type of stenosis of the spine occurs when there is pressure on nerves in the lower back. You should call your doctor if you have any of these symptoms:
- Loss of control of the bowel or bladder.
- Problems having sex.
- Pain, weakness, or loss of feeling in one or both legs.
There may be no symptoms of stenosis, or symptoms may appear slowly and get worse over time. Ask our stem cell therapy Orlando professionals for all the up to date information regarding spinal issues.
What Causes Spinal Stenosis
This condition could be caused by a number of things, including:
- Getting older, which can cause changes in the spine. This is the most common cause.
- Arthritis can affect the spine in some cases.
- Inherited conditions, which you are born with, can affect the spine. For example, you might have been born with a small spinal canal or a curved spine.
- Tumors of the spine.
- Paget’s disease (a disease that affects the bones).
- Too much fluoride in the body.
- Calcium deposits on ligaments that run along the spine.
This condition is treatable. However, what is the best approach for you? It may be treated by:
- Medications to reduce swelling or pain.
- Braces for your lower back.
- Alternative treatments, such as chiropractic treatment and acupuncture. More research is needed on the value of these treatments.
- Surgery, if you have:
- Symptoms that get in the way of walking.
- Problems with bowel or bladder function.
- Problems with your nervous system.
Call Us Today
We genuinely want to make sure you fully understand all the information regarding spinal stenosis. Whether that is a result from a concussion or whiplash. Innovative Pain Solutions are pain management doctors who know what they are doing. We strive to provide service with excellence. Contact us today for the best stem cell therapy Orlando.