Are you wondering whether or not you should visit a pain clinic? There are many reasons why this may be the best choice for you. Here at Innovative Pain Solutions, our team of experts are here to make sure you have all the information you need when it comes to chronic pain management. We are an Orlando pain clinic who cares.
What is a Pain Clinic?
While pain clinics can help anyone with chronic pain, people with inflammatory types of arthritis and fibromyalgia may benefit the most from PRPs.
There are two main types of pain clinics.
- One type is a one-stop-shop where a team of health professionals works together to help patients by using a variety of evidence-based approaches. Programs that utilize an interdisciplinary approach are best, says Clauw, and may include physical and occupational therapists, psychologists, dietitians, nurses, doctors, and other healthcare providers.
- Another type offers procedures such as injections and nerve blocks. These procedures are usually performed by an anesthesiologist, most often for specific problems such as low back or neck pain. But unless your doctor refers you to this type of provider, Clauw advises against block clinics.
What to Expect From Chronic Pain Management Clinics
A quick fix is not the goal – neither is the total elimination of pain. Rather, clinics aim to restore function and improve the quality of life by teaching physical, emotional, and mental coping skills to manage pain.
Patients typically attend the sessions all or most of the day for several weeks as an outpatient. Other programs may last longer but occur on a part-time basis.
A typical day at a PRP might include:
- an hour of physical therapy (PT), which focuses on improving movement
- an hour of occupational therapy (OT), which focuses on improving the ability to perform daily activities
- several hours of pain education classes that teach how chronic pain works
- an hour of relaxation and mind/body therapy
Patients also learn other techniques to manage pain, including guided imagery, breath training, and relaxation techniques.
Attending a pain clinic also provides support and validation that comes from being around people who’re facing similar pain challenges. Additionally, PRPs may educate family members about pain and the best ways to support their loved ones as they manage its effects.
Call Our Orlando Pain Clinic
Are you looking for a medical team who can provide all the information you need for chronic pain management? We genuinely want to make sure you are in good hands when it comes to getting rid of your pain. Trust our PRP Orlando pain clinic to get you feeling better in no time! Innovative Pain Solutions are pain management doctors who know what they are doing. We strive to provide service with excellence. Call or visit us to schedule an appointment today for the platelet-rich plasma. We specialize in stem cell therapy.