Stem cell therapy is a form of experimental medical treatment that utilizes a patient’s own stem cells (autologous stem cells) to assist in repairing damaged tissues and to also help the healing and recovery of injuries. This type of therapy is a key component of the field of regenerative medicine that is rapidly growing. A few of the many things that stem cell therapy is able to be used for include reducing joint pain, increasing motion and flexibility, and treating tendon and ligament tears. However, there are many other benefits of choosing stem cell treatment over traditional treatments such as surgery or steroids that are often overlooked and not discussed enough. Read on to learn more about some stem cell benefits that are often overlooked by doctors and patients. Innovative Pain Solutions provides stem cell therapy Orlando residents trust. Call Innovative Pain Solutions at their Dr. Phillips office to learn more today!
What Is A Stem Cell?
Before we delve into the benefits of stem cell therapy, let’s discuss some facts about stem cells in general. The National Institute of Health states that: “Stem cells are important for living organisms for many reasons. In the 3 to a 5-day old embryo, called a blastocyst, the inner cells give rise to the entire body of the organism, including all of the many specialized cell types and organs such as the heart, lungs, skin, sperm, eggs and other tissues. In some adult tissues, such as bone marrow, muscle, and brain, discrete populations of adult stem cells generate replacements for other cells that are lost through normal wear and tear, injury, or disease.” Innovative Pain Solutions, who provides stem cell therapy Orlando residents trust, uses only autologous (your own) stem cells.
Stem Cell Benefits Often Overlooked
With so many treatment options out there, you may be wondering what benefits come from choosing stem cell therapy. Generally, since stem cell therapy uses biological material harvested straight from the patient’s body, the biggest benefits include minimal risk, minimal recovery time, and minimal worry of rejection. Here are some specific benefits:
- Avoiding surgery and its many complications and risks- Stem cell therapy is a minimally invasive procedure that doesn’t require surgery. The stem cells are harvested directly from the patient and put back into their body.
- Minimal post-procedural recovery time- One of the most time-consuming factors of any injury isn’t always the treatment itself, but the recovery time. With stem cell therapy, recovery time is almost none and you should feel better within weeks.
- Doesn’t use general anesthesia- Many people get anxious at the thought of being put under, and don’t enjoy the way general anesthesia makes them feel. Stem cell therapy doesn’t require this procedure.
- No risk of rejection- Since the stem cells are coming from your own body, there’s no risk of rejection
- No communicable disease transmission- Again, since the cells come from your own body, there is no risk of spreading disease from or two another person through the procedure.
Contact Us Today
There are many stem cell benefits as a treatment. Call Innovative Pain Solutions at our Dr. Phillips office for stem cell therapy Orlando residents trust today!